Nebraska Chamorro Community
December 10, 2018, 12:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Due to Missouri River flooding, this year's Liberation Celebration party has been cancelled.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LIBERATION RAFFEL NEEDS YOUR HELP  (Read 10038 times)
fujisix5

« on: June 19, 2007, 11:30:52 AM »

Hey everyone, this liberation we need your help with the raffel so that we can keep on the tradition. Anyone interested in helping PLEASE just give me a call at 212-8529. For all those that can help. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! GOD BLESS,

Kelly
kikocruz

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »

Not sure if this is Kelly Fujikawa.  If it is, Hafa Adai!  It's Frank Cruz, husband of Stacia.  Its great that you all have a website up to keep the community closer.  I'm glad that you all are continuing the traditions of our island and hopefully one day we can make a trip out there to help celebrate.  We really miss everyone, especially teaching and sharing our culture with the kids.  Being back home has been great but we sure miss all the wonderful people of Nebraska.  Thanks for the hospitality.   
fujisix5

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:05:24 AM »

Hi Frank and Stacia,

It's so good to here from you. Our party has really expanded. We have a lot of new young Chamorros that are out here so it should be fun. We miss you guys too. The kids are working on their dances. Brother Jim helped them create the music. It's really good. You guys take care and kiss the baby for me. And keep in touch. And anyone in the nebraska area who would like to donate to the raffel. Please bring a wrapped gift to the liberation party to be raffeled off so that we can keep having our liberation parties. Thank you. And Frank and Stacia, God Bless you. Love Kelly
jtaijeron

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »

Hey Mali Kelly,

It is me, Julie Taijeron.   I see you guys are really into the liberation celebration.  I wish we had something like that here in San Jose, California.  I have yet to find any chamorro group here that is active.  Keep up the wonderful task.  Maybe someday, your godson Kiko and I will take a trip your way and join you in your liberation celebration.

Happy liberation day to you and your family and to all our proud chamorros all around.

si Julie
fujisix5

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 06:26:14 AM »

Hey Mali,

It's so good to hear from you! How are you and Kiko doing? Were hanging in there. It would be great if you were able to join us for liberation next year. It keeps getting bigger and better every year. And it would be great to see you. Anyway you both take care of yourselves. We miss and love you.

Always,

Kelly
hayi dodo

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 03:48:13 PM »

Hey Mali Kelly,

It is me, Julie Taijeron.   I see you guys are really into the liberation celebration.  I wish we had something like that here in San Jose, California.  I have yet to find any chamorro group here that is active.  Keep up the wonderful task.  Maybe someday, your godson Kiko and I will take a trip your way and join you in your liberation celebration.

Happy liberation day to you and your family and to all our proud chamorros all around.

si Julie
I too am disappointed that there isnít an active association in San Jose that can host a Guam Liberation event.  Maybe we should start one!  I was in Nebraska when they had their first big event.  Itís amazing what the Chamorro / Guamanian community alone has done to continue this celebration.  If you compare the Chamorro population in the Bay Area to Omaha, it would appear that our numbers dwarf theirís.  However, itís not the size of the community that matters; itís the pride and determination of the people that makes it all happen.

Iíve had the blessing to be apart of the NE community and I really miss them all.  We should get together and dream up the idea of forming a San Jose Guam Club.  Ombe, we'll start with a small bar-b-que!

Bert J.
btjavier@comcast.net

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: